Iron Curtain trail - CycleBlaze

Bicycle Travel Forum

Iron Curtain trail

Leo Woodland

Hi

Have you ridden the Iron Curtain Eurovélo trail? Specifically the section from Hamburg to Bratislava?

That's what we plan to ride next year and I'd love to hear of tips and experiences.

happy days

léo

Reply    Link    Flag
1 year ago
Suzanne GibsonTo Leo Woodland

Hi,

That sounds like an interesting ride. I have nothing very specific to say, but Janos and I cycled along the Czech-Bavarian border in Ocotober, some of it was certainly the Eurovelo 13 although we weren't following the route intentionally. The roads through the Bohemian Forest and the Bavariarian Forest were generally excellent and we were enthusiastic about the countryside. Some vestiges from the Iron Curtain remain, fascinating... Just have a look at my most recent journal. 

Suzanne

Reply    Link    Flag
1 year ago
Suzanne GibsonTo Suzanne Gibson

I just had a closer look at the map and saw that we were often riding parallel to the EV13 on good roads with little traffic while the EV13 was on forest trails. Good to keep in mind unless you relish unsealed surfaces.

Reply    Link    Flag
1 year ago
Suzanne GibsonTo Leo Woodland

Just one more comment from me. This trail should be of special interest to you with your recently acquired Masters in History. Congratulations! I am so impressed.

Reply    Link    Flag
1 year ago
Leo WoodlandTo Suzanne Gibson

Thanks, Suzanne. Sorry about my tardiness. I've only just seen your post

Reply    Link    Flag
1 year ago