Journal Comments - Wertheim and Beyond - CycleBlaze

From Wertheim and Beyond by Suzanne Gibson

Suzanne Gibson replied to a comment by John O Sullivan on Day 6: Guxhagen to Kassel

Hi John, what a coincidence that our paths crossed - and that you recogized us, or rather Janos's bike! I wish you had shouted Stop, Janos and Suzanne! Then we could have met. But I suppose since we were traveling in opposite directions, it was a short encounter and no time to react. I hope you do write up your travels here on CycleBlaze. I would love to see where other people living in Germany cycle.
Happy cycling!

John O Sullivan commented on Day 6: Guxhagen to Kassel

Hi Suzanne, we passed you going the other way that day. We were both navigating our way around a car and trailer on a small road. I recognized Janos and his bike from the videos posted before.

Marion and I cycled from Hanover back to our home near Darmstadt last week. On that day we cycled from Kassel to Rothenburg. We avoided rain the whole week until last Sunday when our luck ran out, but getting wet on the home run never feels too bad. No need to get everything dry for the next day.

I need to get into the swing of blogging at some stage and post a record of some of out trips.

Wishing you all the best for your future adventures.

John

Scott Anderson commented on Winding it up

Thanks for taking us with you! I’m glad it worked for you to post on the road. As time consuming as it is, it’s the only approach that works for me.

Suzanne Gibson replied to a comment by Mike Ayling on Days in Kassel

We have e-assist already. Shorter distances is probably in the future for us.

Mike Ayling commented on Days in Kassel

IMO e-assist and shorter daily distances will be the secret.

Scott Anderson commented on Days in Kassel

Congratulations on a successful tour! Thanks for taking us along. We’ll be eagerly waiting for the next installment.

Suzanne Gibson replied to a comment by Rachael Anderson on Days in Kassel

Thanks, Rachael!

Suzanne Gibson replied to a comment by Kathleen Jones on Days in Kassel

Thanks so much, Kathleen!

1 year ago
Suzanne Gibson replied to a comment by Rachael Anderson on Day 6: Guxhagen to Kassel

We are too!

1 year ago
Suzanne Gibson replied to a comment by Rich Frasier on Day 6: Guxhagen to Kassel

Merci beaucoup!

Rachael Anderson commented on Days in Kassel

Very impressive!

Kathleen Jones commented on Days in Kassel

I always enjoy reading your tour journals, Suzanne. Besides the adventure I know that we’ll see wonderful photography. I too applaud you for continuing to cycle and to tour. So many of us just don’t. And you were smart enough to break it up and take care of yourself, then continue. I look forward to the next journal.

Rachael Anderson commented on Day 6: Guxhagen to Kassel

Glad to hear you made it!

Suzanne Gibson replied to a comment by Tricia Graham on Days in Kassel

Thanks, Tricia! I agree that the difficulties are often overestimated. And I hope we have a few more future tours to look forward to.

Tricia Graham commented on Days in Kassel

I am sure you will do it for a long time yet. I think that people overestimate the difficulty of cycle touring
Have enjoyed following you along
Tricia