Journal Comments - A China Coddiwomple - CycleBlaze

From A China Coddiwomple by Marian Rosenberg

Marian Rosenberg replied to a comment by Jeff Poretsky on D22: 曲周 → 大名

It's really not supposed to be this hard. As well, if I'd just lower my standards from USD 10 a night to maybe USD 5 a night (fan and a shared bathroom instead of a/c and a private sitdown), I've found that the Front Desk will generally be far *more* willing to cooperate with me on account of wanting my money....

Jeff Poretsky commented on D22: 曲周 → 大名

The last line had me doing an actual "jaw drop".

Keith Adams replied to a comment by Marian Rosenberg on a photo in D14: 南韩村 → 罗庄

True.

Glad it worked out alright, anyhow.

2 weeks ago
Marian Rosenberg replied to a comment by Keith Adams on a photo in D14: 南韩村 → 罗庄

The Team Car usually passes to the riders' dominant hand and also isn't in the habit of trapping the rider on the shoulder. I was so sure I was going to crash

2 weeks ago
Keith Adams commented on a photo in D14: 南韩村 → 罗庄

Think of it as your own Tour de France experience, where the team car loads up a domestique with drinks bottles to be carried to the rest of the team, up the road.

2 weeks ago
Marian Rosenberg replied to a comment by Keith Adams on D13: 大王店 → 南韩村

There are two ways to do superscript. One is a positioning thing that isn't allowed. The other one is Unicode. In this case, since I'm typing on my phone I just long press on 1 and choose from options such as ½, ⅓, ¼, and ¹.

As for strikethrough, look for "strikethrough text generator" which produces an ugly but usable strikethrough.

3 weeks ago
Keith Adams commented on D13: 大王店 → 南韩村

"The great thing about having footnotes" ...

Which provides the opening and opportunity I've been looking for, to ask how you're able to create the superscripts. They aren't supported by the text formatting options provided in the editor, as far as i've been able to tell, yet it's clearly possible.

That and, for Super Extra Bonus Points in this round, can you do strikethrough too? If so, how?

Inquiring minds want to know.

3 weeks ago
Keith Adams replied to a comment by Gregory Garceau on a photo in I1-2: 朝阳 → 朝阳

I went to exactly that same place, Greg!

3 weeks ago
Gregory Garceau commented on a photo in I1-2: 朝阳 → 朝阳

I think that might be Maxwell Smart--Agent 86--under the Cone of Silence. (Ancient pop culture reference)

3 weeks ago
Marian Rosenberg replied to a comment by Bill Shaneyfelt on a photo in D7: 怀柔 → 昌平

That makes sense. I was also thinking possibly some sort of natural pesticide (the kind where you introduce the right sort of bug to eat the wrong sort)

4 weeks ago
Marian Rosenberg replied to a comment by Kelly Iniguez on D4: 半墅山 → 兴隆

Yeah, that about sums up my feeling

4 weeks ago
Kelly Iniguez commented on D4: 半墅山 → 兴隆

Holy moly!

4 weeks ago
Bill Shaneyfelt commented on a photo in D7: 怀柔 → 昌平

Looks like a giant silkworm cocoon... Possibly eaten by humans and tacked to trees as some kind of insecticide holder?

4 weeks ago
Marian Rosenberg replied to a comment by Lorenzo Jary on D4: 半墅山 → 兴隆

Trust me, I am not patient. It's one of the reasons that I jump so quickly to yelling at people (that, and yelling working where being polite didn't).

1 month ago
Lorenzo Jary commented on D4: 半墅山 → 兴隆

I was going to comment on your apparent infinite patience - it seems you are human after all 😃. Sorry for all the challenges you're facing, hopefully Beijing will be less Kafkaesque!

1 month ago