Journal Comments - Northwest passages: riding out the storm - CycleBlaze

From Northwest passages: riding out the storm by Scott Anderson & Rachael Anderson

Jen Grumby commented on The Tekoa-Garfield loop

Hmmm. A modern spiritual, eh?

Well, that's one way to interpret it!

22 hours ago
Scott Anderson replied to a comment by Jen Grumby on a photo in The Tekoa-Garfield loop

Eew!!

23 hours ago
Scott Anderson replied to a comment by Bruce Lellman on a photo in Heyburn State Park

Perceptive! I’ll have to start an album of these. We’ve been seeing entirely too many white pelicans as it is.

1 day ago
Scott Anderson replied to a comment by Ron Suchanek on a photo in Heyburn State Park

How great! I’ve never seen this. I like everything about it, but especially the name Mimi de Jour.

1 day ago
Ron Suchanek replied to a comment by Scott Anderson on a photo in The Tekoa-Garfield loop

Ill give him a call, and while I'm at it, I'll ask about your refund from Capital One.

1 day ago

So do I. It was really special to see it now, when it was deserted. I didn’t see another person on it for two hours. I’m sure it would normally get more traffic.

Scott Anderson replied to a comment by Jen Grumby on The Tekoa-Garfield loop

Yes, and I wish we could go back soon to use the song again. Frank passed on a much earlier, much weirder version, performed by Gail Farrel and Dick Dale on the Lawrence Welk show: https://bestclassicbands.com/brewer-shipley-lawrence-welk-8-17-18/.

1 day ago
Scott Anderson replied to a comment by Ron Suchanek on a photo in The Tekoa-Garfield loop

I’m sure if you get in touch with Smith you could get a voucher for use WHFO.

1 day ago

I’ve been trying that mix to good effect for the last week or so. I’ll try biscuit root next for a follow-up test and report back.

Scott Anderson replied to a comment by Bruce Lellman on Breaking Loess

I was sorry to miss Palouse Falls, and we toyed with adding a side trip to it on the drive home today, but 7 hours was plenty long enough already. Much better to bike to it anyway than to just drive up for a quick look. Maybe some day when based around Walla Walla.

Scott Anderson replied to a comment by Jen Grumby on The Centennial Trail

Yes, a nice warmup to returning to the WV. I think we saw more bikers today than the whole last two months put together.

1 day ago
Scott Anderson replied to a comment by Jen Grumby on a photo in The Centennial Trail

Yes they are, and their dialog is so varied. They’re one of our best singers, rather like a mockingbird.

1 day ago

Well, Bear vomit is still a possibility. We’re just basing all this on Andrea’s best guess from the photo. I really should have picked it up and fondled it a bit to get more information.

Bruce Lellman commented on Breaking Loess

And, of course, someday you should ride to Palouse Falls and around that interesting landscape.

Thank you for yet another interesting installment. You could be doing these rides without telling anyone about them but you generously choose to keep us informed and entertained.

Bruce Lellman commented on a photo in Breaking Loess

Good elevation gain. Mt. Everest is only 29,029 feet.