Journal Comments - Northwest passages: riding out the storm - CycleBlaze

From Northwest passages: riding out the storm by Scott Anderson & Rachael Anderson

Scott Anderson replied to a comment by Jacquie Gaudet on a photo in Bellingham Bonus Ride #2: Edison to Sedro Woolley

I wonder if this is an authentic original or one created more recently after the company stopped putting them up in 1963, but this is just how they looked - a witticism broken up into four or five signs, followed by one with the name of the company. If it’s original, they’ve obviously taken pains to maintain and repaint it since then. I think the last clearly original one I saw was bicycling in the Southwest a couple decades ago, maybe along Route 66.

Jacquie Gaudet commented on a photo in Bellingham Bonus Ride #2: Edison to Sedro Woolley

I'd heard of them but until this photo, I don't think I had any idea what they looked like!

Scott Anderson replied to a comment by Andrea Brown on Bellingham Bonus Ride #2: Edison to Sedro Woolley

Those kids were probably the twins. Be careful with what you let them pick up there in your back yard.

Bob Distelberg commented on Bellingham Bonus Ride #2: Edison to Sedro Woolley

Thanks again for all the entertainment. I'm looking forward to reading about the next adventure. Interesting dream, although I'm not a fan of giant spiders (or even small ones for that matter).

Andrea Brown commented on Bellingham Bonus Ride #2: Edison to Sedro Woolley

That was some dream. My favorite part is the spider. And then the Grumbys' phantom children. I'm so glad that you guys are just a few blocks away here in Portland. Maybe we won't get to socialize but welcome back!

Jen Grumby commented on Bellingham Bonus Ride #2: Edison to Sedro Woolley

Well if we can go to Greece to throw you a birthday party, that may just give us a reason to have a couple kids and get a big pet spider.

Your dream may come true!

Scott Anderson replied to a comment by Ron Suchanek on a photo in Bellingham Bonus Ride #2: Edison to Sedro Woolley

Sorry. Next time. I forgot to bring my X-large panniers.

Scott Anderson replied to a comment by Jen Grumby on Bellingham Bonus Ride #2: Edison to Sedro Woolley

12/01/46. Don’t tell anyone though. It’s a secret. With a lot of luck we’ll be celebrating it in Crete this winter, but time will tell.

Ron Suchanek commented on Bellingham Bonus Ride #2: Edison to Sedro Woolley

I keep telling those kids to leave the giant spider alone. They just won't listen.

Jen Grumby commented on Bellingham Bonus Ride #2: Edison to Sedro Woolley

I was just telling Ron this morning that it would be great to have some grandkids.

Not sure about kids or spiders, but we'd love to host your next birthday party!

I have Rachael's birthday and your anniversary on our calendar, but not your birthday .. when is it?

Ron Suchanek commented on a photo in Bellingham Bonus Ride #2: Edison to Sedro Woolley

Holy crap those are incredible! Do me a favor and bring that T Rex one to me.

Ron Suchanek commented on a photo in Bellingham Bonus Ride #1: Lummi Peninsula

Chair bench! Or bench chairs?

Ron Suchanek commented on a photo in Borderlands

I can see exactly what's going on here. The horse is planning to make a break for Canada disguised as a zebra.

Ron Suchanek commented on a photo in Borderlands

It ain't ugly

Ron Suchanek commented on a photo in Borderlands

Well, if that doesn't make the case for Trump's wall, nothing does.