[Oct 17] Day 6 - Lompoc to Ventura - Bicycling SF to LA on the Pacific Coast - CycleBlaze

October 17, 2023

[Oct 17] Day 6 - Lompoc to Ventura

Heart 0 Comment 0

Went to Dutch Bros Coffee in the morning. The lady working there popped her head out the window and said “large hot double torture for Nikhil” which apparently is the name of the drink he ordered.

Started the day with foggy climbs as we headed south to the ocean.

Heart 2 Comment 0

Coming into Isla Vista there was some highway shoulder construction so we had to do some maneuvering and merge with the traffic for a short section.

Biked through UCSB (University of California, Santa Barbara). The whole campus had excellent bike lanes/cycle paths. Again it was very foggy so the beach wasn’t very visible.

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 1
Karen PoretVery impressive! Resembles bike parking in the Netherlands ( short lot, though.;)
Reply to this comment
7 months ago

Got lunch at Dern’s Cafe in Santa Barbara. I got a B.L.T.C.A (BLT with avocado and fries) and Nikhil got a sirloin steak sandwich.

Heart 1 Comment 0

We decided to push onto Ventura. We passed lots of surfers in the ocean and RVs setup along the shore.

Heart 4 Comment 0

Got In-N-Out for dinner, a Southern California classic. Double-double protein style and a strawberry milkshake.

Heart 0 Comment 0

Tomorrow will be our last day of riding as we bike to Santa Monica and Gardena.

Overall difficulty today: 3.5/5

Today's ride: 88 miles (142 km)
Total: 429 miles (690 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0