[Oct 18] Day 7 - Ventura to Santa Monica / Gardena - Bicycling SF to LA on the Pacific Coast - CycleBlaze

October 18, 2023

[Oct 18] Day 7 - Ventura to Santa Monica / Gardena

Heart 0 Comment 0

Swung by McDonalds in the morning and got a good 30 miles in the morning. It was extremely foggy with little visibility.

Heart 2 Comment 1
Karen PoretCould have “used” this fog today with the 90+ heat here in Santa Cruz..
Reply to this comment
7 months ago

We passed several military sites and stopped at the Point Mugu Missile Park which has outdoor displays of many aircraft and missiles.

Point Mugu Missile Park
Heart 4 Comment 0

Stopped for a shrimp taco and then headed into Malibu. There was a lot of traffic and no bike land or shoulder so we got honked at a few times.

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 1
Steve Miller/GrampiesBut do not try to enjoy it if you are riding a bike, because "cars rule".
Reply to this comment
7 months ago

After biking 500+ miles in 7 days we finished our trip in Santa Monica. Passed the pier, more beaches, and got Italian food nearby. It was very cloudy and around noon on a weekday, so it wasn’t too crowded.

After finishing the route, we stopped for coffee and then headed to Gardena, passing by Manhattan Beach. As we got closer to Gardena, there was zero bicycling infrastructure and no alternative side streets, and we were getting honked at again so we biked on the sidewalk.

Overall difficulty today: 4/5

Caffeine consumption: 100 mg

Today's ride: 76 miles (122 km)
Total: 505 miles (813 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 4
Karen PoretCongratulations and thanks for the ride along!
Reply to this comment
7 months ago
Rich FrasierCongratulations on a great ride! I'm looking forward to the next one.
Reply to this comment
7 months ago
Andrew LamTo Rich FrasierThank you!
Reply to this comment
7 months ago
Andrew LamTo Karen PoretThank you!
Reply to this comment
7 months ago