Mérida - Spring in Iberia - CycleBlaze

April 17, 2024

Mérida

As I am writing this almost a whole week after the fact and I seem to have taken almost no pictures whatsoever, and for other reasons as well, I have a cloudy recollection of how we spent this sunny day in Mérida. We didn't visit any of Mérida's sights that are worth taking time for. Even if we have been to Mérida on previous trips, it's inexcusable I suppose, but at least we have an excuse.

On the way home with our laundry
Heart 1 Comment 0
Is it possible that these are the only two pictures for the day?
Heart 1 Comment 1
Bill ShaneyfeltGreat blossom on that bottle brush tree!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Callistemon
Reply to this comment
3 weeks ago

We had a breakfast of coffee and pastries down the road with Susan, while Scott and Rachael ate something  healthier and more substantial in their room.  After that I know we went to the laundromat in the morning and were pleased  to come home with our bags of really fresh smelling laundry afterwards. 

We had a CycleBlazer lunch and then all of us went our separate ways for the afternoon. Which meant for us a bit of lazing around, or should I call it resting up for the coming days on our bikes. After our ample meal at 2:00,  in the evening we weren't interested in going out for food and were happy with some yoghurt, crackers and fruit. 

That was it. We had agreed on a 9:30 departure and a final group picture the next morning.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 0