Last Minute - Spring in Iberia - CycleBlaze

March 26, 2024

Last Minute

No, not quite ready yet, but I have all day for the finishing touches. I'll oil our chains, finish packing and hope I am not forgetting anything crucial.

As I read in Susan's and the Andersons' journals, the weather in Spain at the moment is more than challenging, as they face hefty winds and rain. The weather report for the coming week isn't encouraging, either. I've got my fingers crossed for Rachael, Scott and Susan.

Weather in Estremoz where we start cycling on Monday, April 1. In addition to the rain, it will be windy.
Heart 0 Comment 0
It looks better here in Gauting.
Heart 0 Comment 0

We very briefly considered revising our itinerary at the last minute. More easily said than done, the logistics of creating new routes and changing our bookings looked overwhelming. Let's hope there are some revisions in the weather forecast.

We have made one change in the original plan. Instead of cycling from Mérida to Salamanca - which would mean Janos would have to take the four hour train ride back to get the car and return to Salamanca to get me and the bikes - we will ride a loop back to where we left the car. 

The new version of our ride starting in Mérida, riding counter-clockwise.
Heart 1 Comment 0

And now I better knuckle down and finish packing. We are leaving tomorrow.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 13
Comment on this entry Comment 5
Scott AndersonWishing us all luck with the weather! Hopefully it will settle down by the time you arrive. Come ready for anything. Worst comes to worst, you’ll have your car with you.
Reply to this comment
1 month ago
Suzanne GibsonThanks and good luck to all! The trouble with bridging the bad weather with the car is that you always have to return to where you left it which usually means a major change in routes and booking. But you are the logistics wizard! I'll put you on the case.
Reply to this comment
1 month ago
Scott AndersonHey, shouldn’t there be a pre departure haiku in here?
Reply to this comment
1 month ago
Suzanne GibsonTo Scott AndersonOh, a good idea... another reason to put off packing.
Reply to this comment
1 month ago
Rachael AndersonI’m crossing my fingers that the weather isn’t too bad for you!
Reply to this comment
1 month ago