Last day in Trujillo - Spring in Iberia - CycleBlaze

April 25, 2024

Last day in Trujillo

This morning Janos was out for a drone session, his last opportunity. I hope you enjoy his birds eye view of Trujillo!

“Baciyelmo”, the name of the house, is a word coined by Miguel de Cervantes in 1605, and appears in the first part of his famous novel, “Don Quixote”. In this particular chapter, Don Quixote is convinced that the helmet he is wearing is the famous  and magical Mambrino’s helmet, whereas everybody else just sees it for what it is, an ordinary barber’s basin. Cervantes, with his customary sharpness of wit puts the term ‘baciyelmo’ into Sancho Panza’s mouth,  a word created from the Spanish words for barber's basin and helmet, combining reality and illusion."

Karla and Herman chose the name for their guest house, el Baciyelmo, because it stands for the uniting of contradictions: old and new, family home and family business, the obvious and surprise, dream and reality, and as I already mentioned aesthetics and functionality. 

Karla and Herman with their son. Their son, whose name I didn't get, speaks Spanish, Dutch, French, Portuguese, and English of course!
Heart 4 Comment 0

This is my last entry from Trujillo, but I hope to continue the journal until we are safely home.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 11
Comment on this entry Comment 6
Scott AndersonThanks for the suggestion, but I think I’ll stick with my red hat.
Reply to this comment
3 weeks ago
Rachael AndersonGreat video, Janos! I hope all goes well with your journey home!
Reply to this comment
3 weeks ago
Susan CarpenterSo glad you're feeling better and found such a wonderful place and family to aid your recovery! I really enjoyed the videos Janos
Reply to this comment
3 weeks ago
Karen PoretBe well, Suzanne! Thank you Janos for the video :)
Reply to this comment
3 weeks ago
Janos KerteszTo Rachael AndersonDanke, Rachael! Gute Reise!
Reply to this comment
3 weeks ago
Suzanne GibsonTo Scott AndersonOld hat
Reply to this comment
3 weeks ago