Glendive to Lindsay - PedalPushin “The Final Two” 2023 - CycleBlaze

September 6, 2023

Glendive to Lindsay

State #50!

Little puzzle our daughters sent along so we could year date the 50 states
Heart 3 Comment 0

It has taken 25 years to accomplish this goal and today was a good day to see it happen. Not so much for a classic won’t forget it ride but more for some simple riding while finding a pace and just riding, no thinking required. 

But thinking I did …

25 years … 50 states … 12,000 miles of cycling travel … approximately 4.5 - 5.0 million revolutions of the pedals … 296 days of travel … average trip around 650 miles … 14 bikes or trikes … the list could go on and on much like the road we cycled today. 

Long, straight Montana 200s …
Heart 1 Comment 0
Miles of grain cars waiting for the harvest
Heart 1 Comment 0

But the road … biggest notable today was the 16 miles of railroad grain cars we passed. Seems this section of the rail line is a storage zone awaiting the harvest and the cars are simply parked until needed and from a local told us, there is another 5 miles beyond our stopping point. He also told us that his family had homesteaded the area in the 1890’s. We had a nice chat at the town of Lindsay, population 8, and amazingly enough he knew quite a bit about Alaska as his brother owns 50% of a fishing boat. He also mentioned he simply doesn’t like the taste of salmon, period, no matter how you fix it. 

Lindsay, Montana … population 8
Heart 0 Comment 0
Getting a little long in the tooth but still enjoying the journey
Heart 3 Comment 0

So now what?  We’ve heard the question a bit today and the answer, I don’t really know. We still have a few weeks of time to spend cycling and we either need to make the decision to head west or start looping our way back towards Minnesota. Tomorrow, however, before that big decision, we will simply do some riding in Billings and see what there is to see. 

Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 38 miles (61 km)
Total: 245 miles (394 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 4
Scott AndersonCongratulations!
Reply to this comment
8 months ago
Larry MitchellThanks … still trying to wrap our minds around it and now we are looking to see which states might need more miles ridden in them.
Reply to this comment
8 months ago
Rich FrasierThat’s an amazing accomplishment! Congratulations on sticking with it! It sounds like you’ve had a lot of fun on the way, too.
Reply to this comment
8 months ago
Larry MitchellThank you … so many stories and events along the way.
Reply to this comment
8 months ago