Billings Bikeways - PedalPushin “The Final Two” 2023 - CycleBlaze

September 7, 2023

Billings Bikeways

Billings, Montana … history records that Lewis and Clark came by here on their return trip using the Yellowstone River to move them along. Well, we aren’t even close to their level but we enjoyed wandering several bike paths, bike lanes, neighborhoods, and roads to make our own adventure around town. 

Black Otter Trail on top of the bluff overlooking Billings
Heart 1 Comment 0
Big Sky country
Heart 0 Comment 0

We started on the bluff overlooking the town and made our way north to a small park recommended by a local cyclist. Along the way we saw the first recumbent trike of the trip. He was riding a Catrike and Lisa even gave his wife a chance to try her trike. She came back with a trike grin so who knows? Maybe a new triker someday. 

Few trail markers along the way
Heart 0 Comment 0
Better to go under it than over it
Heart 0 Comment 0

Returning down the same path we dropped into the town and ended up cycling some broken sidewalks while navigations towards the quieter neighborhoods. Short while later we re-ascended the bluff on a different road and called it a day. 

Splash of color on the way back up the bluff
Heart 0 Comment 1
Bill ShaneyfeltSunflowers. Possibly prairie sunflowers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helianthus_pauciflorus
Reply to this comment
8 months ago
Yellowstone River
Heart 0 Comment 0

We also spent some time deciding our path forward from here. Between available trails, distances, and the cost of dropping a rental car one way, we have decided to start working our way back towards Minnesota. Tonight we find ourselves in Wyoming. Last time we rode here was in 1999, so it almost feels new. 

Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 23 miles (37 km)
Total: 268 miles (431 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0