Prologue - PedalPushin “The Final Two” 2023 - CycleBlaze

Prologue

Flashback … 1998 … destination Hawaii. 

Kauai, 1998
Heart 0 Comment 0

This journey really started when my wife agreed to go on her first cycling trip to the island of Kauai. Little did she realize that something had started that would take until now to complete. 

Fast forward 25 years, 11,500 cycle trip miles spanning 15 trips and we have now arrived at our “Final Two” states. North Dakota and Montana should have been first checked off as we were crossing Washington on our way to Missoula but a high speed crash stopped that attempt. A second attempt arrived while on our Lewis and Clark trip but the winds of South Dakota simply stopped us in our tracks. So our hope and plan is to start in Minneapolis and cross both states on our way to Spokane. 

Oregon blizzard, 1999
Heart 0 Comment 0
Aiming towards Nebraska, 2001
Heart 0 Comment 0
South Carolina, 2005
Heart 1 Comment 0

Much like several of our last trips, we will rent a van and drive trail to trail and cycle as many miles as we can. Gone are the days of wanting to camp along the way or fight highly trafficked roadways although those trips do provide for a lot of stories. Gone are the days of our long wheel recumbents as we now ride recumbent trikes with small hub motors. We are either refining the process or perhaps enjoying the greater comforts that come with age. 

Erie Canal, 2018
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 0