Sheridan Bikeways - PedalPushin “The Final Two” 2023 - CycleBlaze

September 8, 2023

Sheridan Bikeways

What an enjoyable day!  Last night I built a conglomerate of cycling possibilities for an urban ride in Sheridan that included their bike path system as well as a wander into the countryside. 

Big Sky country
Heart 1 Comment 0

With a backdrop of the Bighorn Mountains, we headed south into the countryside for a simply amazing ride on roads with no lines. Between the mountains, rolling hills, very little traffic and perfect weather we were quickly reminded of our younger years in Colorado. Large ranches with cattle and horses were everywhere and as the ride eased towards the mountains we simply enjoyed the peaceful surroundings. Many of our comments were made in regards to living here if we could just convince the daughters and families to move. But you can’t take the Alaska out of Alaskans. 

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Once we made the turn back towards Sheridan proper, we were greeted by quiet streets and some amazing bike pathways that followed the river and took us north out of town. Very nicely done Sheridan! A cyclist can certainly tell when thought and planning go into the process. 

Leftovers for the road
Heart 0 Comment 0

We then found a Dairy Queen, old time version, on the Main Street where you simply pulled up to the front order window, got an order, and sat on a bench to eat. No indoor seating, no driveways, just a store front on Main Street. 

Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 41 miles (66 km)
Total: 309 miles (497 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0