Arrived in Roma - Via Francigena - CycleBlaze

August 23, 2023

Arrived in Roma

After our overnight flight to Rome we had an adventurous trip to our Air B&B because the Metro line is closed for 10 days.  It is supposed to open on Friday but this is Italy so you never know.  Since arriving we have discovered an even better way to get where we need to go so no problems.  It is very hot here so by the time we reached our flat all we wanted was a shower and a nap, so we did.  At about 4PM we did a little grocery shopping and then headed off to the Trastevere area which is known for its restaurants and night life.  We wanted something simple since both of our stomachs were a little out of sorts so I had pizza and Tim had one of the 4 main traditional past dishes.  After dinner we walked along the Tiber to St Peter’s Square before returning to our flat that is just outside of the Vatican walls.

Over top of the Tiber River.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Our restaurant for tonight
Heart 0 Comment 0
Tim with our cocktails, he had an Aperol Spritz and I has a Passao (passion fruit liquor spritz). We both like mine better.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Enjoying his pasta.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Now I have the 2 cocktails. The one in my left hand with the mint leaves is mine.
Heart 2 Comment 0
My first but not last real pizza Margarita with buffalo mozzarella.
Heart 2 Comment 1
Gail JohnsonYep, nothing like a light meal. 🤣
Reply to this comment
8 months ago
Castel Sant’ Angelo above the Tiber.
Heart 4 Comment 0
St Peter’s basilica which I had never seen at night.
Heart 4 Comment 0
More of the square
Heart 4 Comment 0
Again
Heart 3 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Kelly IniguezPlease tell us how you managed to get about with the 10 day closure. Those following behind may benefit from your experience!
Reply to this comment
8 months ago