Day 36 - Wonderin Bout The Wind - The Borders of the US - CycleBlaze

March 4, 2024

Day 36 - Wonderin Bout The Wind

I don’t know where it comes from. But it was a little less today so that’s all that matters. Only 20 mph gusts. Hooray! And we slept in! I got out of the tent at 7. We got to the gas station at 7:45. We were tired but got moving. Downhill to lunch and not too much wind. Lunch was nice against a concrete barrier. After that we were tired. But had a long climb. Gained a few hundred feet pretty quickly. Then had a real nice and long descent. Some trucks were bad at driving which made it scary but other than that it was real pretty. Felt like it was the first day I was actually able to enjoy the mountains without being blasted by a mouthful of wind. Once we leveled out we had about another 15 miles. Headwind but nothing as bad as what we’ve done. We stopped at Walmart to get some stuff. I broke my spoon and lost my knife so we’re good on both of those now. Dad got sunscreen cause he’s pale. Love ya dad. Then we had one mile to the hotel. Showered quick and got dinner. Man those burgers were amazing. Some of the best we’ve had. Probably just cause normal people food tastes so good and we’ve been working hard. And we were hungry. Came back and talked to Grace and FaceTimed mom cause dad is being weird. Procrastinated for awhile but hopefully I actually stretch tomorrow after an incredible hotel breakfast!! See you all tomorrow! Today was one of the first days that I haven’t gotten frustrated since Arkansas. Feels good. Bye :)

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0

Today's ride: 79 miles (127 km)
Total: 2,738 miles (4,406 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 8
Comment on this entry Comment 5
Tony SeisserLoved reading today. Good positive vibes to build on. A great dad and some good grub can go a long way. : )
Reply to this comment
2 months ago
Brian McCollumThe miles you've covered are Absolutely incredible! Your emotion and honesty are so Real and relatable. His grace is sufficient for you; His power made perfect in our weakness. Keep pedaling and inspiring!
Reply to this comment
2 months ago
Jeff SchmelaAh sunscreen!! Use it🤙
I’ve gotten skin cancer sliced off 3x, isn’t fun😎. It’s largely from not using sunscreen when I was young.
Reply to this comment
2 months ago
Jude HubbardTo Brian McCollumThank you Mr. McCollum. His power is made perfect in our weakness. So true.
Reply to this comment
2 months ago
Jude HubbardTo Jeff SchmelaWow had no idea. Good to know on that one. Does not sound fun
Reply to this comment
2 months ago