Still planning - Two Far 2024 - Courthouse Tour - CycleBlaze

April 28, 2024

Still planning

We have decided to start our Midwest tour in northern Ohio.  The plan is to rent a van, drive to Elyria, Ohio and start the tour there.  Then, when we get too tired or, more likely, too cold, we'll rent another vehicle to take the bike home.  I expect that 'too cold "will happen for us by mid-September in northwest Iowa. 

The route is still undergoing numerous revisions.  We re-work it daily to get better roads, less climbing and more appealing towns.  And when we get it exactly the way we want it, we change it some more.  It keeps us busy as our departure date approaches.

This is what we have so far.  There are loops out of our hub towns.  We plan to spend 5 nights in most of those towns, with a two or three days riding in between.  We are looking forward to having lots of days to ride unloaded.

Heart 2 Comment 1
Curt & Helene ReedWishing you both a safe and fun trip. We look forward to following you on your blog. We will miss you guys. We will definitely be practicing playing Rummy cube while you are gone. Perhaps we will have a chance to win next time we see each other.
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago
Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Kelly IniguezAre you looking at motel rooms or airbnb's for your extended layovers? A little more room and a kitchen is nice when in the same spot. They are a bit more trouble to get in to . . .

Will we get one of your detailed introduction pages to your Screamer? Many of us enjoy ALL of the bike goodies.
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago
Ken GassLooks like a nice change of pace from your customary Two-Far tandem adventures. Will you take the bike trail from Elyria to Oberlin, aka the Oberlin-Elyria Rd? That was part of our tandem route around Lk. Erie last June, a side trip away from the busy Rte. 6 along the lake shoreline to visit my alma mater. It also looks like you'll pass on my hometown courthouse in Greencastle, IN, with a unique V-1 Buzz Bomb perched on a cement V base on the SW corner of the courthouse square to commemorate WWII.
Reply to this comment
2 weeks ago