Day 97 Caraquet, NB - Two Far 2019 - Coasting Along to the Maritimes - CycleBlaze

July 30, 2019

Day 97 Caraquet, NB

Heart 2 Comment 0

It was another good day.  We had a lazy morning and didn't leave the motel until 10AM.  The first leg of the route took us up to the town of Shippagan.

In the beginning, we had a wide shoulder with very little traffic.
Heart 2 Comment 0
We rode through pine forest.
Heart 2 Comment 0

There were only a few residents in this area.

Ospreys in nest
Heart 2 Comment 0

North of the town of Inkenman, we had a few views of the water.

Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0

As we got closer to Shippagan, we started going through some residential areas.  Since we have been in Canada, we've seen many more homes with laundry drying on a line that we usually see in the States.  It's a nice homey image.  I love the way this person hung the laundry in a rainbow.

Heart 5 Comment 0

Shippagan is on the Gulf of St. Lawrence and home to the New Brunswick Aquarium.  We had a good time there.  I took some pictures, but they don't come out too well through the aquarium glass.

Anemone
Heart 2 Comment 0
Various common and very rare colors of lobsters.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Starfish
Heart 1 Comment 0
Wrymouth also called ghost fish
Heart 2 Comment 0
This man seemed to be talking about making lobster traps, but he was soeaking French, so I'm not sure.
Heart 2 Comment 0

The aquarium is next to the Shippagan Harbour.

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0

We're spending the night in Caraquet.  Our hotel is on Chaleur Bay, next to a beautiful waterfront park and marina.

Marina next door to our hotel. This section is for pleasure boats.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Fishing trawlers and other commercial boats were in a separate section of the marina
Heart 1 Comment 0
A carving in the park
Heart 2 Comment 0
Chaleur Bay
Heart 1 Comment 0
Chaleur Bay
Heart 2 Comment 0
Chaleur Bay
Heart 3 Comment 0

We have a nice bayfront route planned for tomorrow.  Thunderstorms are forecast for the afternoon, so our goal will be to enjoy the views and stay dry.

Today's ride: 41 miles (66 km)
Total: 3,652 miles (5,877 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 7
Comment on this entry Comment 0