Kerry's goal gets washed out. - Two Far 2018 - Trailing through the Rust Belt - CycleBlaze

Kerry's goal gets washed out.

Kerry set a goal of zero days of rain during our ride. Actually, we all had the same goal, but only Kerry had enough conviction to place a bet on zero rainy days during the ride.

A few drops we're falling as we set out from West Liberty, but not yet enough to count as a rainy day. We enjoyed seeing some typical Ohio farms, even if we didn't enjoy seeing the threatening clouds.

Heart 0 Comment 1
Robert FeldbergI’m seeing the captions but not the photos
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Heart 0 Comment 0

By the time we made our first stop, it was raining hard enough to declare this rain day #1.

The moment when Kerry's dream of a rainless summer officially came to an end.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Despite the rain, we managed to stay reasonably warm. Going uphill, we generated our own heat, and when the road flattened out, we were lucky enough to have a tail wind. There was a very nice bike trail around Indian Lake. We would have enjoyed it more on a sunny day.

This family had no complaints about the weather. Maybe they enjoyed it, or maybe they're too polite to complain because they are Canadian.
Heart 2 Comment 0
The spillway from Indian Lake flows into the Great Miami River.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Dam interesting construction, if you ask me.
Heart 1 Comment 0

We got to Wapakoneta with enough time to clean up our bikes and take a quick trip to the moon before dinner.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

We had a minor plumbing issue in our room that the hotel manager said they would take care of while we were at dinner. When we got back from dinner, we saw a plumbing truck parked in front of the hotel. Were they still trying to fix the problem? Not to worry, everything was back to normal.

Ok, not completely normal, but they did eventually get the plumbing issues worked out.
Heart 0 Comment 1
Ayala ZarfjianLove the Ohio farm photo. Interesting dam design.
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0