Day 14 Hartsburg, MO - Two Far 2018 - Trailing through the Rust Belt - CycleBlaze

May 30, 2018

Day 14 Hartsburg, MO

Heart 0 Comment 0

We had more miles on the Katy Trail today.  It was hot and dusty, but there were long stretches of shade.  

Much of the trail was well shaded
Heart 0 Comment 0

The scenery was just the same as yesterday - lots of farm land and steep, rocky bluffs where the trail went right along the river.

Heart 0 Comment 0
We haven't seen much livestock on all these farms we pass. These cows were enjoying the shade.
Heart 0 Comment 0
This looks like it would be a waterfall during a rainy spell.
Heart 0 Comment 0

We met a number of people riding the trail either end to end or out and back.  One duo we especially enjoyed meeting was Bob and Luke, a father and son from St. Louis out for Luke's first bike tour.  They're finishing a three day camping tour and Bob says Luke has been "awesome".  We had fun talking with them and watching Bob video Luke doing a couple of climbing feats that they were sure weren't going to be "Mom approved".  They were having a wonderful time together.

Heart 1 Comment 0

Kerry wanted a picture of this pile of rocks.  Viktoriya and I decided we could make a picture of rocks more pleasing to the eye.

Limestone fines for dressing the trail
Heart 0 Comment 0
A finer view
Heart 2 Comment 0

Today's ride: 53 miles (85 km)
Total: 680 miles (1,094 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 1
DAVID FAULKNERYou guys are amazing!1094 Km in 15 days = 72.93 km a day ..WOW
Kerry's tire story was great fun to read.. not too sure it was fun to have lived it.
Take care guys..were thinking of you and will deep up as best we can with your posts.

Dave
Reply to this comment
5 years ago