Day 109: Sainte-Adele, QC to Hawkesbury, ON - Two Far 2017 - Florida to the Canadian Maritimes - CycleBlaze

August 14, 2017

Day 109: Sainte-Adele, QC to Hawkesbury, ON

Today was a longer day than we've had recently. We had over 55 miles to ride. Jacques and Lise met us this morning at the B&B. Lise took our panniers in her car so we got to ride unloaded again. It is so nice to have less weight on the bike.

We rode back down the same trail, the P'tit Train du Nord, to the 0 KM entrance plaza in St. Jerome. That was the end of our unpaved miles for this trip as far as we know. The trail surface was very hard and easy to ride except in just a few places.

At the 0 km marker
Heart 0 Comment 0

There were just a few busy miles getting through the city of St. Jerome, then we were back in a rural area again. There were some rolling hills and a persistent headwind, just to make our long day even more fun.

Lise was a wonderful SAG driver. She had a cooler of Diet Cokes for us at our rest stops. We all had lunch together in Lachute. It was good, made even better by the pitcher of beer we shared.

This drew our attention to the Olive Restaurant in Lachute
Heart 0 Comment 0
We had a good time over a long lunch.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Chocolate cake was included for dessert. No one declined.
Heart 0 Comment 0

After lunch, it was only 17 miles to our hotel, but post prandial (and post beer) fatigue, along with that continuing headwind, made for a long 17 miles.
We entered Ontario for the first time on this trip, but I didn't stop for a picture. We'll cross back over the Ottawa River in the morning, back into Quebec, for our ride into Gatineau. We're looking forward to having another friend, Jacques' equally stylish brother Pierre, join the three of us for tomorrow's ride.

Jacques and his "coiffure de casque"
Heart 0 Comment 0

I didn't take many pictures today. I'll try to do better tomorrow.

Today's ride: 56 miles (90 km)
Total: 4,351 miles (7,002 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0