Day 108: Saint- Jovite, QC to Sainte-Adele, QC - Two Far 2017 - Florida to the Canadian Maritimes - CycleBlaze

August 13, 2017

Day 108: Saint- Jovite, QC to Sainte-Adele, QC

Today we rode back down to Sainte-Adele with Jacques and Lise on their tandem.

The Smiths and the Charrons
Heart 0 Comment 0

This morning, Kerry and Jacques staged a car at our B&B in Sainte-Adele for Jacques and Lise to drive back to their chalet this afternoon. They took our panniers with them, so we were able to ride unloaded today. It was a nice change from carrying that weight every day.

We had a good ride with mostly sunny skies and a tailwind. The entire route today was on the P'tit du Nord trail and was the same route we rode on Friday. It's a very scenic ride and we didn't mind at all doing it again. It was even better doing with Jacques and Lise today.

The first 12 miles are all uphill. It's a gentle 1-2% most of the way, but it requires steady pedaling. We took our first break at this trailside display of old farm artifacts.

Old farm implements on display beside the trail
Heart 0 Comment 0
These are the four generations who have farmed this land
Heart 0 Comment 0

Jacques grew up on a dairy farm here in Quebec, so he remembers his dad having the same type of equipment. He also has fond memories of having one of these.

Jacques has fond memories of his tricycle like this one
Heart 0 Comment 0
Kerry, Lise and Jacques talking things over
Heart 0 Comment 0

We had lunch in the village of Sainte-Agathe, but at a different restaurant than the one we went to Friday. It was good and we even got Kerry to sit outside again. We were able to get a table out of the wind which made it much more comfortable.

These women had questions about tandems and husbands which Lise and I were happy to answer.
Heart 0 Comment 0

After lunch, we continued coasting downhill. It was a nice way to ride after a big meal.

We stopped in the little village of Val David where there was a community event going on. They had live music, games and arts and crafts vendors. We walked around for a little while and Jacques told me about Quebecois folk music. We talked to three young men there who are cycling the trail and camping along the way.

Community festival in Val David
Heart 0 Comment 0
These guys are camping along the trail
Heart 0 Comment 0

Our final stop was at a beach on the trail which was very busy on this Sunday afternoon. There were also quite a number of kayakers out in the water.

Many beachgoers arrived by bike
Heart 0 Comment 0
A very busy beach and lots of kayakers
Heart 0 Comment 0

We got back to the same B&B where we stayed on Thursday night. We met another couple here traveling by bike who are cycling the length of the trail.

After we arrived at our B&B in Sainte-Adele, Jacques and Lise drove back to their chalet for the night. They will return in the morning and Jacques will ride with us again while Lise provides SAG support. Lise has promised that she will bring a cooler full of Diet Coke, so we know it will be a great day!!

Today's ride: 39 miles (63 km)
Total: 4,295 miles (6,912 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0