Waiting out the rain and thunder in Dessau - Exploring Germany, Czech Republic and beyond... on our Recumbent Tandem - CycleBlaze

August 4, 2014

Waiting out the rain and thunder in Dessau

We don't know what it is, but when we come to this Youth Hostel, we seem to be destined to stay for a while. We like it here and we like the staff (it was good to see Vadim again) but we really did not intend to stay an extra day on this visit.
However, the forecast today is for thunderstorms in the morning, afternoon and evening. As well, very heavy rain started when we got up and it continued through the morning.
We aren't afraid of riding in the rain, but we looked around and thought, let's stay put and have a reading and journal writing day. We did just that and have had a wonderful day. As well, we were able to scrape the mud off of our rain clothes and shoes and dry out our stuff.

We have a room in the new part of the Hostel and appreciate having a terrace off our room for our bike and for making coffee. The father and son on the right of the picture, will be following the same route and we will see them again at the Hostel in Bernburg, which is our next stop.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Vadim and Mary Ellen - we have really enjoyed getting to know this young man and his wife from Russia who are working at the Hostel for a year.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The bike garage was full, so we were happy to store our bike under cover outside our room. Our bike takes up a lot of room and doesn't fit the conventional racks.
Heart 0 Comment 0
This family - and engaging little girl, were staying in a room close to ours. The little girl was very sweet and liked to visit with us.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Having breakfast at the Hostel, we visited with the family and their newest addition.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0