Preparing for our Trip - Exploring Germany, Czech Republic and beyond... on our Recumbent Tandem - CycleBlaze

Preparing for our Trip

The date for our departure is rapidly approaching and we have much to do - like taking the bike apart and packing it in its travel bag.

Pam and Wayne - owners/friends extraordinaire of Performance Bicycles in Victoria BC. One of our favourite bike shops of the many in the world we have visited and enjoyed.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Resource material for our trip - including the wonderful Bikeline maps (in English) that originate in Germany.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Getting started on the CGOAB journal at home.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We have learned on our travels, that having a business card which includes our picture and journal address is helpful for breaking language barriers when visiting with locals. We get a very positive reaction when we give a card as a remembrance of our visit.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Barry "working out" with our trainer at the gym - or from the looks of him - recovering from..."
Heart 0 Comment 0
Leslie, our personal trainer, challenges us to reach our potential - always fun.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Leslie, our trainer - she may be tiny but she is mighty.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Getting the bike ready to be disassembled and put in its travel bag.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We discovered midway in to the process of putting the bike in to its travel bag that we had lost the instructions. As we usually only do this once a year, we forgot some key details. For example, we learned that it is not optional, but it is crucial to rotate the front fork or it doesn't fit. We are grateful to both Kelvin Clark (Angletech Cycles) and Sandy (who designed the bag) for emailing replacement instructions very quickly.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We always go to Frontrunners in Victoria to buy lightweight shoes for our trips. Over the years Erhard has helped us choose the perfect fit. We mentioned that we were cycling in Europe and he said that his sister, Dodie and her husband Steve also were cycling in Europe. We put two and two together and realized that Dodie and Steve are the Grampies on CrazyGuyonabike. We have followed their journals for many years. Small world....!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0