Day 83 On the road again Ipswich MA to Chesterfield VA - 2 Biking Hobos - CycleBlaze

September 8, 2023

Day 83 On the road again Ipswich MA to Chesterfield VA

Today we had to say goodbye to our friends and get back in the swing of things. We had a great time relaxing, going to breweries, restaurants, getting back on the trails with the gang and just hanging out. We were back in our four wheeled vehicle and we were heading to Chesterfield VA. We will be spending the night at our nieces and her husbands house. Too bad they aren’t here but they will be having a great time in Scotland. Tomorrow Hubs and I will be going to visit his sister.  On our travels down we first stopped at Market Basket so I could pick up some of their corn muffins. They are sooo good. The next stop was in Waterbury CT as it was lunchtime and lucky us they have a Pepe’s pizza in town.  Yummy! Then there was only one more stop and that was to get gas. Otherwise we were in the Uhaul for over 12 hours. I couldn’t wait to get out. We will be dropping it off tomorrow and then back to the bikes for the rest of the adventure. They are showing rain/storms for Sunday right now but 🤞🤞🤞🤞it changes by then. 

Saying goodbye to friends is hard
Heart 1 Comment 0
Gary salute and Jim even did the “Eagle”
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our set of wheels for the next 12+ hours
Heart 1 Comment 0
Great corn muffins from Market Basket
Heart 0 Comment 0
Pepe’s Pizza in Waterbury CT
Heart 1 Comment 0
We love the sausage pizza
Heart 1 Comment 0
Huge water tower
Heart 0 Comment 0
Awesome bridge we rode by
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Phil/Ann Dettwiler12 hours in a UHaul — ugh! But you will finish your journey via bike and that will feel good. Wondering how many days are you guessing it will take? The photos of the friends is touching: nothing like good friends. (And the Eagle even appeared!!!)
Wishing you continued safe travels.
A& P
Reply to this comment
7 months ago
Lois AlexanderTo Phil/Ann DettwilerI am not sure how long it will take us to bike home. I think we have almost 600 miles to go. We also have to keep an eye on Hurricane Lee even though right now it looks like it won’t hit land but they can change course very quickly.
Reply to this comment
7 months ago