Day 65 Brantford Ontario to Jordan Ontario Canada - 2 Biking Hobos - CycleBlaze

August 21, 2023

Day 65 Brantford Ontario to Jordan Ontario Canada

Dan, Dave and Rick having their morning coffee at Tim Hortons. We will miss getting our morning muffins when we don’t see them any more.
Heart 0 Comment 0
2 Bentleys and a Jaguar in one driveway in beautiful Ancaster Ontario Canada
Heart 1 Comment 0
The bike trail we rode on part of the way
Heart 1 Comment 0
Interesting art work
Heart 0 Comment 0
This is Brad. We met him in the deli
Heart 1 Comment 0
This is Debbie who made our his and hers sandwiches
Heart 2 Comment 0
This is Beverly who threw 2 M&M cookies in our bag
Heart 2 Comment 0
Town we rode through
Heart 1 Comment 0
Vineyards we rode by
Heart 0 Comment 0
View from our room. Lake Ontario
Heart 1 Comment 0

It was 61° this morning and so we didn’t have to bundle up. We did do our  usual and went to Tim Horton’s for our muffins. When we went to leave 3 men sitting at a table started asking us about our trip. I love to see the expressions on their faces when we tell them that we started in Seattle. Off we went and we were surprised at how big Brantford was. It is a good thing we had a rest day as we got back into the rolling hills for about 15 miles. Not looking forward to getting back into hills but I guess we have no cnoice.We came to a town called Ancaster that had gorgeous homes. One house had 2 Bentleys and a Jaguar in the driveway so now you know what I mean about gorgeous homes. We did get to bike on the bike trail but we seemed to be on the roads more than the trail. The GPS did have us make a turn but Hubs noticed we would have to climb a big hill so we turned around. It was a pretty nice ride today. We did stop at a deli to have sandwiches made. Debbie made our sandwiches and I loved how she wrote his and hers on them. While we were waiting, a guy a ed Brad started talking to us. He told us we could go on route 8 which would be a nice ride going by wineries but seeing we had already rode about 40 miles and had, we thought 20 to go, we decided to stay on the route we were on. When we got to the register to pay for our stuff, Debbie was up there telling Beverly the cashier about our trip. She was so excited about it she threw two M&M cookies in our bag. We cannot get over how many apartment buildings there are in every town we rode through. Plus they are all so neat and clean. We ended up riding parallel to the QEW highway and for the last 18 miles we had headwinds. Hubs is getting discouraged every time he has to find a place for us to stay. We cannot believe the price of rooms. We aren’t talking about posh places either. Best Westerns, Quality Inns etc. are close to if not more than $200.00 a night. It’s ridiculous. Then they raise the prices for the weekends. It’s not like you get better sheets or towels on Fridays and Saturdays. So tomorrow we ride back into the U.S. We are heading to Lockport NY.

Today's ride: 55 miles (89 km)
Total: 958 miles (1,542 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 3
Phil/Ann DettwilerAnother good read — such an adventure! Love hearing about peoples’ reactions and little treats for you. Bet Gary doesn’t show them his famous gesture. Saves that for those of us who know….and care. And some of us care five times more….ya know?!

So hoping you don’t have to deal with terrible heat; we are forecasted to get 3 days of 90+ and terrible heat indexes ….. if it moves East, let’s hope it goes north of you!

A&P
Reply to this comment
8 months ago
Debbie ColeWhat a collection of people you’ve met along the way. By the way, you had a Debbie and my mothers name was Beverly. You just need a Marshall.
Reply to this comment
8 months ago
Lois AlexanderMaybe today we will meet a Marshall 😊
Reply to this comment
8 months ago