Day 64 Brantford Ontario Canada - 2 Biking Hobos - CycleBlaze

August 20, 2023

Day 64 Brantford Ontario Canada

This is the Vince family. What a great group of people
Heart 0 Comment 0
This is the Vince family giving the Gary salute. Same great group of people 😂😂
Heart 1 Comment 0
This is us included with this great group of people.
Heart 2 Comment 0
This is at the bbq with Randy’s coworker, wife, daughter and son in law
Heart 1 Comment 0
The wine and beer were very good
Heart 2 Comment 0
Four looneys in the rubber room
Heart 1 Comment 0
Randy and Debra, two Super people. It was so awesome getting to be with you two today. You mean a lot to us. 🥰
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today was a rest day that we got to spend with great friends. Randy picked us up at around 9:00 this morning to go back to their condo to have brunch with him, Debra and their kids. We had my favorite, Belgium waffles with fruit and whipped cream and got to meet the kids and grand kids. It was a fun time. After that we went upstairs and had a good time catching up. We then went to the grocery store to get some wine and beer as we would be having a bbq with Randy’s coworker Peter, his wife Barb, their daughter Rebecca and son in law Chad. Peter and Chad will be running the Honolulu Marathon in December. It will be Peter’s first marathon and Chad’s second. Good Luck to the both of them. 🏃🏃. Debra made corn on the cob that she cooked on the grill. It was the first time this year I had corn on the cob and it was delicious. I will have to remember to cook mine the same way. Everything else was delicious too. It’s amazing how fast the day goes when you are having a good time. This morning I decided to iron my shorts as they have been crammed in my panniers for 2 months and the iron was hotter than I thought and burned holes in the shorts. At first I threw them in garbage but then took them out as I knew Debra is a great sewer. She was kind enough to patch them up for me so every time I wear them I will think of her. Thanks again Debra. We cannot thank them enough for what they did for us so we could be together for the day. We had such a good time and hope to be able to get together again sooner than 4 years. Tomorrow we head to Jordan Canada.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 3
Phil/Ann DettwilerJust wonderful. A so-needed break.
Fabulous! And now tomorrow you will smile all the way to Jordan! (Not the one near Israel, I hope: that’d be one damn long ride!)
Reply to this comment
8 months ago
Rebecca HamiltonWe had such a great evening with you guys, thank you for sharing all your stories with us! You were both so much fun and incredibly inspiring, we could have listened to you share your travel stories forever. Safe and happy travels on your journey & I hope you know how truly inspiring you are! Lots of love from Canada.
Reply to this comment
8 months ago
Lois AlexanderIt was so nice to meet you and your family too. This is why we love doing the bike trips. Meeting new people. There are so many wonderful people in this world and on a bike is a great way to meet and talk to them. I like to say, “We come as strangers and leave as friends .”
Reply to this comment
8 months ago