Day 2 Leaving Burlington WA - 2 Biking Hobos - CycleBlaze

June 19, 2023

Day 2 Leaving Burlington WA

This Don & Pat. They were our warm showers host last night. Pat made USA great dinner last night and for breakfast today we had homemade granola. She asked us if we wanted milk with it and we said yes. Next thing I noticed she was adding water to her blender and started whipping away. Voila, we had milk. I asked the kind and at first she said almond but then said no she used walnuts. It was delicious. I guess I won’t have to worry about not having milk in our house seeing how easy it was to make.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We actually were up early today and were sure we would be on the road around 8:00 but alas it was not to happen. We got the bikes all packed up and started to wheel them out of the garage when Gary noticed he had a flat tire. It’s too early for that!!! It was 9:00 when we left.
Heart 0 Comment 1
Nancy & Bruce AlexanderBOOO!!!! Nobody likes a flat!
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
In the beginning we were following Route 10. Gary’s other computer showed a bike path so we decided to try it. Turns out it was mostly gravel which really slowed us down. We suffered through 15 miles and then got on route 20. We should have stayed on route 20 as we would have gotten to our place for the night sooner. It lightly rained on and off but around 1:30 it was a steady rain until our destination. Stopping and going on the gravel was not a problem but when we got to our destination I wanted to stop and next thing I know, down I went in the wet. Gross.
Heart 3 Comment 0
You want me to cross this huge river?????
Heart 3 Comment 0
Always love when I see my girlfriends. Love the cows.
Heart 4 Comment 0
How much is that doggie in the window?
Heart 6 Comment 0
At different times of the day we would ride by the Skagit river. The color was a beautiful green water. Loved the mountains in the background.
Heart 1 Comment 0
This is our little house for the night. It’s really cute inside and feels good to be able to rest early.
Heart 3 Comment 0

Tomorrow we may leave for Colonial Creek campground depending on the weather. It is showing rain for the whole day and who wants to ride in that and then have to set up a tent. If we decide to stay (and hopefully we can) we will be able to get laundry done and relax in the hot tub. Hope fully when we do get to the campground that they will have wifi. If not I won’t be able to post then and the day after as that is going to be a very long day biking 70 miles with nothing around. No stores, no water, no food so we have to make sure we have enough provisions. So you may not see a posting for a few days. Luckily we had bought a few freeze driven dinners when we were at REI in Seattle as the restaurant here is not open on Monday so we at least had some dinner. It was pretty good too.

This morning when we got up it was 47° and was only supposed to go to 59°

Today's ride: 48 miles (77 km)
Total: 3,428 miles (5,517 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 0