Day 3 Marblemount WA to Centennial Creek Campground - 2 Biking Hobos - CycleBlaze

June 20, 2023

Day 3 Marblemount WA to Centennial Creek Campground

Even though it was raining and would probably rain all day, we decided to leave our lovely little chalet.We knew we had about 27 miles for today to get to the campground. We were stopping at Centennial Creek campground.
Heart 2 Comment 0
I had to take a picture of these trees as the moss looked so soft on the branches. Yup, this part of Washington is also wet and rainy.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0



We did stop at the last store, as there wouldn’t be anything for the next 74 miles to get some water and had an ice cream. It tasted so good and cold. Funny thing is right after we ate the ice cream, we made peanut butter sandwiches.

The waterfalls were awesome. It’s like they came out of no where. This is where biking comes in handy. You can stop on a dime and take a picture.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Alas, we finally made it to the campground but when we pulled in, it said it was full. Luckily what they do is leave about 10-15 sites open for people just pulling in. We found a spot and as luck would have it the ground was dry. Someone probably had it the night before. Seeing we hadn’t used the tent in a few years, it took us a bit to figure it out. The bathrooms happen to be right across from our site which makes it convenient. It was chilly so we knew we would be bundled for the night. I don’t sleep well in a tent anyway but it’s a room for the night.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Guess who popped in at the campsite? Pat and Benny. Always a welcome site. They didn’t actually stay at this campground but went ahead to stealth camp somewhere. That way Benny could run and use a lot of his energy as he has. Ore than enough for one dog.
Heart 2 Comment 0
The Skagit river is such a beautiful green, I had to take another picture.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 27 miles (43 km)
Total: 3,380 miles (5,440 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0