Day 1 Leaving Seattle - 2 Biking Hobos - CycleBlaze

June 18, 2023

Day 1 Leaving Seattle

I felt much better this morning and seeing there was a peek of sunshine outside we decided to head out today. They pushed the rain to the afternoon so we figured we would just go. It was 52° , raw, damp and very hilly in Seattle so we were glad that Pat was giving us a ride to Everett where we had our send off.

Pat and Gary putting on the bike rack
Heart 1 Comment 1
Barbara ShurmanGlad you're feeling better and were able to get on the road. You guys are amazing!! Hope your health and stamina keep improving! 🥰
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
The bikes unloaded ready for the bike rack
Heart 1 Comment 0
The Gary Salute as we say goodbye to Pat
Heart 2 Comment 0

I wanted to add a lot more pictures but the wifi must be slow and seeing it  is already way after ten o’clock, I will put them in tomorrow and back date. We had a better ride than we expected. We did do a lot of quick mini stops to adjust things or try and get the gps corrected, put on rain gear, take off rain gear but all in all it was nice. No mountains to climb. I did have to go into granny gear a few times for the hills we did have. I am hoping the legs will toughen up as we go along. We are staying at a warm showers tonight and our hosts are Don and Pat. They have done a lot of cross country and long biking trips over the years.  Makes us look like newbies. I hope to get their picture in the morning before we leave but I know Pat has an exercise class she needs to get to.

We did 44:64 miles and our biking time 5:49:03

Tomorrow morning we leave Burlington WA and head to Rockport WA.

Today's ride: 45 miles (72 km)
Total: 3,473 miles (5,589 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Jack AlexIt did happen, congratulations
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
Barbara ShurmanWow! That's amazing! I guess you're definitely feeling better!! Great job!!
Reply to this comment
10 months ago