Day 14 Heron MT to Libby MT - 2 Biking Hobos - CycleBlaze

July 1, 2023

Day 14 Heron MT to Libby MT

We knew we would be getting a ride from Mike sometime today as we weren’t able to pedal yesterday and there were too many miles to get us to Libby in one day. We already had a room waiting for us in Libby. So this morning we didn’t have to hop out of bed and that was nice. We did eventually get up and then had a lazy breakfast. We went out to the porch to relax in the chaise lounges until it was time to go. When we first went out, the horses came to say good morning to Hubs. Between the horses and the peacocks we had plenty of entertainment. Also we watched the people come and go into the casino. It’s amazing how many do come to gamble on the machines. Mike told us that they get the most people over night as the casino is open 24 hours. I don’t know how Mike and Cookie do this. They do have a woman, Jennifer who does work there doing the rooms and some of the cooking but otherwise it is just Mike and Cookie. Mike is 71 years old and I am sure Cookie is close to that. They were very friendly people so it was a pleasant couple of days. It was around noon when Mike told us he was ready to give us a ride. We loaded the truck and off we went. I am sure he was so happy to be out and able to have good conversations with someone. They really don’t have people where they live that they can have a good chat. I know they get guests but today I think he really enjoyed it. It was nice seeing the inclines we didn’t have to do. He finally dropped us off on route 2 and off we went. It was a very pleasant ride as we had the wind on our backs. When we got to the motel, Josh was on duty which was nice as he is the one who helped Hubs get his dates straightened out. He booked the room for Friday and it was supposed to be for Saturday. He did it through Expedia and they will not let you cancel. Between Josh and Expedia it got all worked out. Phew. I didn’t get many pictures today so started clicking in the restaurant we went to. The dinner was excellent. I know we are trying not to eat much meat but we seem to be off the wagon on this trip. We haven’t had a prime rib in years but it looked delicious so we did order it and it was delicious. There were also animal heads all around the restaurant so as the saying ones, “while in Rome”, so I snapped away. Tomorrow we head  to Rocky Gorge Campground. It is in a National Forest so I am sure there won’t be any service so you may not hear from us for a couple of days. I am just hoping they have showers. 

The horses greeting Hubs this morning
Heart 2 Comment 1
Edward GriecoWhy don’t you continue on Horseback?
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
They were really friendly horses
Heart 1 Comment 0
We didn’t catch the train when it first came by but still had to get a picture. We figured this one was 1/2 mile long at least
Heart 1 Comment 1
Edward GriecoThat’s sweet,🚦🚂🚞🚞🚞🚞🚞🚞. High Ball,
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Always need a little relaxing before we take our showers
Heart 0 Comment 0
Some of the stuffed animal heads in the restaurant
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Oh look, I found a live animal 😂
Heart 2 Comment 2
Edward Grieco😂😂😂 He’s a live one alright,
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Our delicious prime rib dinner
Heart 2 Comment 0
Just a fun picture coming out of restaurant
Heart 2 Comment 2
Edward GriecoAre you both still riding ?
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Lois AlexanderTo Edward GriecoYes. We stayed at a campground on the 2nd and didn’t have service
Reply to this comment
9 months ago

Today's ride: 11 miles (18 km)
Total: 3,039 miles (4,891 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 1
muriel murphyYou need that protein for all the pedaling. You still have about 800 miles of Montana to get through, lol
Reply to this comment
9 months ago