Day 15 Libby MT to Rocky Gorge Campground - 2 Biking Hobos - CycleBlaze

July 2, 2023

Day 15 Libby MT to Rocky Gorge Campground

Hubs taking a much needed rest
Heart 1 Comment 0
A much needed rest selfie
Heart 1 Comment 0
A beautiful view while we rested
Heart 2 Comment 0
Our home away from home @ Rocky Gorge Campground
Heart 1 Comment 0
A neat barn on our way out of Libby
Heart 2 Comment 0
A nice view
Heart 3 Comment 1
Edward GriecoBeautiful country ,
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Yup, still having to push now and then
Heart 1 Comment 0
We had to stop and see the dam
Heart 0 Comment 0
One side of the dam
Heart 0 Comment 0
The other side of the dam. Seeing they built the dam it made the lake 67 miles long.
Heart 1 Comment 0

We left Libby this morning knowing we had a lot of miles today. Once we got through town we ended up on a road that we had all to ourselves for about 14 miles. It was great except it had a couple of good hills. We saw 3 trains go by and at one point we saw train cars full of coal just sitting on the tracks. The trains with the box cars go on for a long time. Hubs was videoing one going by by stopped the video as it was taking so long.  We actually saw a passenger train go by. Darn, I wish I knew as I might have been a passenger on it. 😜. That is unusual see one in these parts. When we were on the flats (if you want to call them flats) we could take in the beautiful views. We were able to follow the river a lot which is nice. We stopped at a campground that had a bar and a restaurant for lunch which was a great relief as we had 14 climbs to do in a 30 mile space. The restaurant was right on the water so we had lunch out on the deck. There were some guys on motorcycles sitting at the next table so Hubs asked if they wanted to trade bikes, but no takers. It was a 1/2 mile downhill so when we were done with lunch we had a lovely 1/2 mile uphill. 😡 We did luck out as we didn’t have any headwind until the last 10 miles and at times it was so strong it held us back on the downhills! We are now at a campground that does not have any showers, so that means we get to go to bed stinky and get to leave in the morning stinky. We do have a room in Eureka tomorrow and we should only have 28 miles to ride. I am sure there will be more climbs as that seems to be all they have around here. I had to put this in my notes so that when we get to Eureka I can add it to the blog.

I don’t know what went wrong but for some reason I cannot post anymore pictures for today. Hopefully tomorrow I can add them.

Today's ride: 43 miles (69 km)
Total: 3,028 miles (4,873 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 3
Edward GriecoThank you Lois got the message stay safe keep a eye on Gary for me ,
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Edward GriecoTo Edward GriecoTrain Hobos next stop !
Reply to this comment
9 months ago
Debbie ColeSpectacular views!
Reply to this comment
9 months ago