Day 12 Sandpoint ID to Heron MT - 2 Biking Hobos - CycleBlaze

June 29, 2023

Day 12 Sandpoint ID to Heron MT

When we got up this morning it was warmer 57°. We said goodby to Judy and Steve and headed into town for breakfast at Connie’s Cafe. A really neat place that was actually bigger than it looked from the outside. Hub’s had French Toast and I had a Belgium Waffle with strawberries, my favorite. We then stopped to get water and headed out we knew we were not going to have any great big hills but we did have some crunchers. The weather was beautiful but the traffic again was not. We were following bike route 10. At one point we did come to a bike path that followed the road for about 2 1/2 miles. (I can’t wait to come to the ones that go for miles and miles). We eventually got where we were pedaling along the river or lake. Absolutely beautiful. I think that would be the only reason I would move to this area. Hub’s would move in a heart beat. The day went uneventful and we stopped in Clark Fork for lunch a a great deli cafe. We sat on the porch to eat our awesome sandwiches and Hubs starting talking to the young couple next to us. ( Tyler, Carla and their daughter Charleston) He did ask if they were native to the area and they said no, they were from CA. They have been up here for 5 weeks helping their best friends build their house off the grid. Their friends actually have a YouTube site called Ambition Strikes and I guess by the sounds of it are making some really good money. I will probably check it out but will have to wait till we get home.  I know for sure that I am not the  type to be able to live off grid but Carla is trying to convince Tyler to move here. When we were ready to go, a couple of other people started asking questions about our trip. So nice meeting and chatting with other people, whom we will never see again but just knowing how many nice people there our everywhere. After we left the cafe we turned to get off the main road and thought it would be less traffic which it was but there was still more than we would have liked. It is so serene when you are just pedaling along in the quiet. We had a few inclines that made us work and then when we came to the road to get to our destination (Amber Bear Inn) it was gravel. 😟.  3/4 of a mile of gravel uphill. You guessed it, at some point we had to get off and push. The place is very nice and we are hoping to have a delicious dinner tonight. We lost an hour as we are now on mountain time. Tomorrow we head to Dorr Skeels Campground in Troy MT.

I am hoping to get today’s pictures on today’s blog but the service here is not good so I am hoping just to be able to post. Also Seeing we are going to be camping maybe for the next couple of days, I Amy not be able to post anything.

Us leaving Judy and Steve’s heading to MT
Heart 3 Comment 0
My amazing waffle. Yummy
Heart 1 Comment 0
Hub’s delicious French toast
Heart 1 Comment 0
I would of loved a better picture of this but it is a drive through coffee place that is a big coffee cup
Heart 2 Comment 0
Had to take some pictures of horses for our horse women back home.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Nice view
Heart 1 Comment 0
The lake is gorgeous. I could live on it.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The name of the lake pronounced Ponderay
Heart 1 Comment 0
There is something about these giant dandelions that fascinates me.
Heart 0 Comment 1
Bill ShaneyfeltSalsify. Yup, fascinating.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tragopogon
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
We stopped for an ice cream and of course if you are in Huckleberry season you have everything Huckleberry
Heart 3 Comment 0
We sat and admired the view while having our ice cream.
Heart 1 Comment 0
I noticed a guy putting something on the smoker so had to get a picture. I am sure it will be delicious when done.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Time for a break from pedaling
Heart 2 Comment 0
Hubs loved these tulips so he had to get a picture
Heart 0 Comment 0
This is Carla, Tyler and Charleston. It was enjoyable talking to them while we had lunch. Carla would love to live off the grid.
Heart 1 Comment 0
An old bridge they turned into just walking and biking going across the river or lake
Heart 0 Comment 0
Another beautiful view
Heart 1 Comment 0
Can’t help taking pictures. I know the views in person are way better than a picture.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Keeping an eye on the Hubs
Heart 0 Comment 1
Edward GriecoYou should do this on Horseback next time 😂
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
Goodbye Idaho. It was short lived but it was fun. Hello Montana.
Heart 2 Comment 1
Edward GriecoYou must be flying that was a quick state
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
We’ve been doing really well at pedaling but coming to the Amber Bear Inn we had to push the bikes on the gravel road up hill. If it was paved we might have made it but alas it wasn’t to be.
Heart 0 Comment 0
This is the Inn we are staying at for the night. A really neat place. We also had3 horses come running to meet and greet us.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Again just rewards for a good pedal day.
Heart 0 Comment 1
Edward GriecoAnother Yuengling ?
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
My dinner for tonight.
Heart 1 Comment 1
Edward GriecoYou hobos eat out a lot !
Reply to this comment
10 months ago
Hub’s dinner for tonight.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 41 miles (66 km)
Total: 3,080 miles (4,957 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0