Day 7. To St. Charles. 29 miles. - Katy Trail - Our First Cycle Touring Experience. - CycleBlaze

June 4, 2021

Day 7. To St. Charles. 29 miles.

Today is our last day. We had a great, big breakfast at the B&B. It was an excellent breakfast, and should give us enough fuel to handle the approx 29 miles we are doing today. Haha. 29 miles sounds so small after 30+ and 40+ mile days. :) 

Breakfast at the B&B. Yum!!
Heart 0 Comment 0

We start out with our legs still sore, but they respond pretty quickly and we start averaging 12 mph, which Jeff says to Debi that we both are getting stronger. We don't usually average 12 mph on this stinking gravel. :) 

We see the Missouri River on our right again. Beautiful scenery almost all the way.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We arrive in Defiance, MO where the Katy Bike Rental company is located. They are the ones that have shuttled us to the starting location, and picked up and dropped off our luggage from hotel/B&B to the next town. They've been so great to work with.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Of course, Debi started shopping at Katy Bike Rental, which of course women just do, and before you know it, we had several things in our basket that she had purchased, and 30-40 minutes later. Oh boy.  :) 

Jerry at Katy Bike Rental has been great to work with.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Before we went on the trip Jeff mentioned that he wanted to be able to pull out a picnic blanket and lay out beside the road. Well on the last day, he finally got the opportunity to do just that. 

Jeff laying down and relaxing. Finally!!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Having a lunch on the side of the trail with our picnic blanket. So fun!
Heart 0 Comment 0
At the finish line. 7 days, and 260 miles later.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Well we did it!!!  Seven days and 260 miles later we have arrived at our final destination in St. Charles. We've had so much fun. We've talked all day long. We've had very little technology to deal with. Just simple stuff and simple life. So good!!! 

Today's ride: 29 miles (47 km)
Total: 264 miles (425 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Rich FrasierCongratulations on finishing your tour! And congratulations also on having fun. That’s what it’s all about!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago