Creston to Cranbrook - Tea for Tim - CycleBlaze

June 4, 2012

Creston to Cranbrook

There are many things that can make a seemingly easy day turn difficult. Sometimes lack of food, sometimes unexpected hills, but today it was the invisible hills that made going slow... we battled with a headwind almost constantly.

The new sleeping mat and the quiet campsite helped with getting a much needed good sleep, and I was on the road by 8, passing through cherry orchards before joining the Crowsnest Highway again, my route through the mountains. After stopping at Yahk for a coffee at 2 Scoops Steve's, and then looking at the goats at the Yahk Soap Company, there wasn't anything but the beautiful scenery until reaching Cranbrook, other than crossing from Pacific Time to Mountain Time.

The Yahk Soap Company, where, if the goats are in a performing mood, they will go to the grass roof to feed.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Frustrated at having crossed the Moyie River for the umpteenth time, crazyguycurtis takes out his frustration on the poor defenceless concrete safety barrier.
Heart 0 Comment 0

When I rolled into the Baker Mountain Campground with Curtis, Pascal was already there, tent set up and showered - how does he get everywhere so fast?

Today's ride: 67 miles (108 km)
Total: 2,539 miles (4,086 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0