Travelling Day - Three old blokes tackle the Tasmania Trail - CycleBlaze

March 11, 2022

Travelling Day

After months of planning, practice rides,  multiple internet  purchases of bike related paraphernalia (that I already had but weighed 1.6 grams less than my perfectly good existing item), today is departure day.

Sunny skies after all the rain and no wind meant perfectly smooth flying conditions. We landed at Launceston by lunchtime and then spent almost 2 hours trying to get a maxi taxi that was promised in 20 minutes. We ended up on an airport shuttle bus and we’re the last group dropped off at our air bnb in Invermay, just to the north of Lonny. 

Some final essential purchases of jigsaw puzzles at the airport terminal
Heart 3 Comment 0

The afternoons chore was to get the bikes set up before the Raiders game at 6pm.

It took Steve and Pete about an hour and a half to assemble their bikes.
Heart 6 Comment 0
25 seconds for me.
Heart 5 Comment 1
Cherie LangleyHow is this wondrous achievement even possible???!! 😂👌
Reply to this comment
2 years ago

The Raiders fall over the line after almost blowing a 50 point half time lead, I manage a negative RAT test after convincing myself I had Covid and we have a superb meal of blue eye trevally washed down with a Tasmanian Pinot. It doesn’t get much better than that!

Our humble dining venue for the night.
Heart 5 Comment 1
Dianne CoxMore Adventure tomorrow
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Time to head home after a tough days riding and complete Steve’s jigsaw puzzle.
Heart 5 Comment 0

Today's ride: 1 km (1 miles)
Total: 1 km (1 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Frank DenmanI need one of those bike box's and the 25 second assembly ,looking forward to your blog keep the wine intake going and keep smiling .
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Amy RobertsHave fun boys! Hope you packed your recorders to practice some numbers for the band too 😀 x Amy
Reply to this comment
2 years ago