Córdoba - Rest Day - The twelfth step ... Three months in Spain - CycleBlaze

April 5, 2022

Córdoba - Rest Day

It has rained non stop the whole day and the temperature has been in single figures so it was a good day spent inside.  As is often the case, "rest day" can be a bit misleading because we were able to tick a few things off our list today.  We managed to get some laundry done and also a lot of work but the most important thing was getting sorted out for the next few days. 

As I had mentioned earlier, we have got totally mixed up about the weekend on which Easter fell this year.  Semana Santa, or Holy Week, is a big thing in Spain and it is no bigger anywhere else than in Sevilla.   The result of our earlier confusion means we will be in Sevilla at the start of the week long celebration and we will now be able to spend Palm Sunday, one of the most important of the days, enjoying the celebration. 

It does mean that our budget has been destroyed because prices in the city quadruple over this period.  We will be starting our pilgrimage to Santiago on Monday, staying in the alburgues that accommodate pilgrims, so hopefully we can settle into a more frugal period from then onward.

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 0