Capellades - The twelfth step ... Three months in Spain - CycleBlaze

June 9, 2022

Capellades

Today's ride was mostly on the N-II but there was almost no traffic because it runs alongside the motorway which seems to attract all the vehicles.  A short descent out of Cervera was followed by a gentle uphill to over seven hundred meters.  Then it was lovely downhill run to Santa Maria del Camí and then Jorba.  A few kilometers before Jorba we were treated to a very good cycle path that took us all the way to Igualada.  From Igualada it was a bit busier as we navigated our way through Vilanova del Camí and La Pobla de Claramunt before starting a longish but gentle climb to Capellades.  This is one of the few places we could find affordable accommodation (although the albergue at Jorba was also an option) but it is slightly off the route to Montserrat.

Views of the farmland surrounding Cervera.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Looking back at Cervera.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today we entered out twenty second province of Spain (there are another twenty eight we didn't get to travel in but a few of them are on islands).  

Heart 1 Comment 0

We hope to have an early start tomorrow.  The climb to Montserrat will be the biggest we will have done in Spain and we want to avoid the heat.

Today's ride: 49 km (30 miles)
Total: 2,710 km (1,683 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0