Aldeanueva del Camino - The twelfth step ... Three months in Spain - CycleBlaze

Aldeanueva del Camino

First off, thanks to Scott Anderson for picking up that I posted last night's entry at the end of our Mexico 2021 journal.  Clearly the yesterday's bad weather had addled my brain.  Also, an apology to Scott because we are going to have to skip Parque Nacional Monfrague due to our time constraints.  We passed the turn off to the park after about thirty kilometers this morning.

Heart 0 Comment 0

The day started off on a pretty cold note but at least it was dry.  There is quite a lot to see along this section but we have to make up some time and so just put our heads down and headed up the N-630, skipping not only the national park but also the old Roman village of Ciudad Romana de Cáparra, which is pretty much an open air museum.  We also dipped out on the cathedral in Placensia, diverting into the city only to buy some groceries before joining up with the N-630 again.

One of the reasons we didn't stop for sight seeing was that some rain was predicted for later in the day.  We had two very short stops to avoid a few drops but otherwise stayed dry.  What we didn't expect to see was the fresh snow covering the hills on the last fifteen kilometers of the ride.

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Even the Little Wire Bicycle got in on the act.
Heart 2 Comment 0

We are staying at a really good albergue in Aldeanueva del Camino called La Casa De Mi Abuela (The House of my Grandmother).  Quite modern and very well run.  We haven't yet worked out how far we will go tomorrow.  All we know is that there is a big climb ahead of us early in the day.  With no rain forecast what happens after that depends on how we feel.

Today's ride: 73 km (45 miles)
Total: 951 km (591 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Scott AndersonWow, look at that snow! And the good thing about Monfrague is that it’s not going anywhere. Next time.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago