Click Bait - Grampies Iberian Inquisition Spring 2023 - CycleBlaze

February 22, 2023

Click Bait

At Grampies' Headquarters there was no debate about when or where or why this blog should be. But it turns out one of us is a little more direct and pragmatic, and would have a simple explanatory title like Grampies' Iberian Circle, or maybe the foreign sounding Abuelitos' Redondo. But on the other, crazier, side of the table was the observation that through ebike wizardry  we would be able to fly into Portugal/Spain with e-bikes. So Grampies' Spanish Fly was proposed. That one did not last long at all!

Still, we have in mind Jeff's (creator of Cycleblaze) advice on blog naming:

"A title that's clever, intriguing, or evocative is the best way to encourage CycleBlaze readers to take a look at your journal. Try to avoid generic titles like Pacific Coast 2016 or Riding Around Southeast Asia. You can change the title later if needed."

That's why we have the Iberian Inquisition. But if you clicked on this thinking to read of some Grampies racing around picking on anyone whatsoever, you will disappointed. Grampies are accepting and curious about almost anyone. In a Grampies Inquisition they are only trying to learn, understand, and  appreciate. If learning and understanding is your thing, read on!

One further note on the title. We first dreamed up this trip as a circle around the whole Iberian peninsula, which would have made the trip largely Spanish. So "Grampies Spanish Inquisition" was an original title, making it more recognizable to  Monty Python fans. But now, we have somehow shifted focus for the trip  more to Portugal, while not abandoning Spain entirely. That's how we ended with  a more balanced "Iberian Inquisition". But never fear, the Portuguese had their own Inquisition at about the same time as the Spanish, so there are lots of Inquisitions to go around.

Check back shortly for more about inquisitions, but importantly also for the rundown on where we plan to go and when. Once we are (shortly) fully rolling,  you can expect a new post each day, for at least 75 days. Buckle up!

Rate this entry's writing Heart 17
Comment on this entry Comment 11
Michel FleuranceNo click bait there ! Enjoy Portuguese food, bacalao is my favorite.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Ronnie ConourAnxious to hear your itinerary…Joe and I will be in Spain and Portugal in May. If paths cross we hope to meet up. We are going from Barcelona , south, then west and into Portugal, so opposite your route. Have a great trip, we will be following your adventures.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Suzanne GibsonLooking forward to your start!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Steve Miller/GrampiesTo Michel FleuranceWe are not the greatest seafood fans, but are willing to at least try some.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Steve Miller/GrampiesTo Ronnie ConourWell darn, we seem to be overlapping in the wrong time and direction. We will probably leaving Portugal just as you are arriving. On the other hand......you will be in a car, yes?
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Steve Miller/GrampiesTo Suzanne GibsonSo are we.....only one more week and we're off. Yippee!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Bob KoreisHope all of your accommodations come with comfy chairs and soft cushions.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Steve Miller/GrampiesTo Bob KoreisThanks, Bob. We hope so too, just not TOO many cushions on the bed, they just clutter up the space.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Ronnie ConourTo Steve Miller/GrampiesOh, bummer. I was afraid of that. Yes we will be in a car. I’ll keep checking your itinerary but looks like we will pass in the night!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Steve Miller/GrampiesTo Bob KoreisDodie wrote the first reply to your post, and missed the clever reference to Monty Python. Well done, and apologies for not being cleverer.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Mark BinghamIberian Inquistion??? Noooobody expects the Iberian Inquisition!!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago