The Home Stretch - Across the US on Steel and Titanium - CycleBlaze

August 23, 2023

The Home Stretch

120 miles to go.
My sister Deb and brother in law Joe drove to Annapolis to ferry me across the bay bridge. Deb then will ride the last two days with me.   We decided to ride first to Seaford DE to avoid Rt 50. So I rode into my 16th state. At least I think it is number 16. I’ll check after I rest a few days. Half the time I couldn’t tell you where I slept the night before. It’s all a blur!  

We used the Cross Island Trail from near the bridge to near Grasonville. It’s a nice trail with a pretty smooth asphalt surface that passes over wooden boardwalks through wetlands. Some of it is actually on roads but it would be rare to be passed by more than a few cars.  To get to Queenstown you need to cross Rt 50 which can be difficult. The best way is to go to the stop light at the Outlets though the wait may be long. 

From there we had a leisurely ride through back roads til we needed to get onto busy Rt 404. But even then we had a nice shoulder. It’s just noisy!  

We went through Ridgley and Denton which are nice towns. I had never been to either before.  Some very nice old homes and even s Ridgley Rail Trail!  

Another thing I had never seen or encountered on the shore before was gravel roads!!!!  I didn’t think we had them but we do. We did about a mile and a half on one and we passed another four or five.  We walked a bit as the gravel in places was nothing but deep sand.  

Dinner was at Texas Roadhouse and I ate way too much. But I’ll be hungry in just a couple hours as my metabolism is in full swing. It’ll be hard to shut it down once home and not riding 50-70 miles a day. I’ll be fat again!!   I’ll have to post before and after pics.  

Speaking of pics, did you enjoy the porn from yesterday?  I know some of you would like a piece of that! 

Kent Narrows marina
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Horse fountain in Ridgley
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0

Today's ride: 55 miles (89 km)
Total: 3,786 miles (6,093 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0