Missoula to Seeley Lake - Sea to Sea - CycleBlaze

July 14, 2022

Missoula to Seeley Lake

After a great rest day in Missoula (thanks Derric and Irma!) I headed out in the cool morning set on getting to Seeley Lake.  After navigating through the east part of town, the congested road abated, and I rode on the wide shoulder of Rte 200 following the Blackfoot River.  Most of the route presented a gentle uphill grade with one significant climb.  

Route 200 east of Missoula
Heart 0 Comment 0

Coming up on a mid-July weekend, Cheryl scooted ahead to Swan Lake campground and secured the last site available where we would spend two nights.  

Belt Supergroup sedimentary rocks well exposed in a large road cut. These are among the oldest rocks in Montana.
Heart 1 Comment 0

The turn north to Seeley Lake on Rte 83 is marked by a classic cow and dinosaur!

Heart 0 Comment 0

After being spoiled by the wide shoulder on Rte 200, the narrow strip on Rte 83 was disappointing.  It would continue that way off and on all the way to Bigfork.  We ended the day at Seeley Lake with ice cream from “The Ice Cream Place.”  From there, Cheryl drove me up to our camp near Swan Lake where I took a plunge in the cool, refreshing water!

Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 54 miles (87 km)
Total: 897 miles (1,444 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0