Day 38 Minong - Portland to Portland Anniversary Ride - CycleBlaze

June 25, 2018

Day 38 Minong

Heart 0 Comment 0
Stalking the wild lily.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 1
Bill ShaneyfeltWhat a great wood lily picture!

https://www.minnesotawildflowers.info/flower/wood-lily

----->Bill
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Roadside flora
Heart 0 Comment 0
And then Tony Stark showed up.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Minong, WI

Aaaand one more state down. We loved Minnesota...the trees, the lakes, the friends. I can’t believe we have 2200+ miles in! On to Wisconsin! 

We got up early for a long day, trying not to wake 2 year old Lucy. That child is a super light sleeper though. She hears the toilet flush between 2 shut doors and a hallway and wakes up. Sorry Brett! 

The first 10 miles of today’s ride was on the bike path we came in on. Then we headed East. The roads we were on today were pretty lightly traveled with decent shoulders. There was a light east wind, but nothing crazy. Pretty nice day for riding and we averaged 13mph. We stopped after 45 miles at a gas station and got a snack. There was a super sweet cat roaming around that was clearly hungry and trying to eat our sunchips and cheese curds. Jon bought a can of tuna and gave it to her. 

The scenery today was pretty nice. Lots of pines, aspen, birch and some scrub oak along the roadside. We saw some beautiful wood lilies along the roadside as well, along with the daisies and indian paintbrush we’ve been seeing for a couple of weeks. The day went pretty quickly and we rolled into Minong at 3:15. This town is the home of Jack Links jerky that I’ve seen in practically every gas station in any state. Kind of cool to read about the history of the company recipe that originated from an immigrant generations ago. We dined on burgers and salad at the Longbranch Saloon and Eatery. We crashed early and rested well.

Today's ride: 85 miles (137 km)
Total: 1,699 miles (2,734 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0