Day 3 Spray - Portland to Portland Anniversary Ride - CycleBlaze

May 21, 2018

Day 3 Spray

Heart 0 Comment 0

Early start and a beautiful gradual climb through Pine Creek Valley, followed by a steeper 3 mile climb. The legs are feelings the climbs, but keeping strong. Cruised down to the valley to Fossil and some delicious coffee, hot tea, oatmeal cookies and local conversation.  Then the last climb of the day before a 6 mile downhill and stop at Service Creek before enjoying a nice flat ride along the John Day River corridor into Spray, OR.  We saw some otters swimming in the river at one point, as well as some hawks.  We rolled into Spray and turned to take the final 4 miles to the Crafton home (Dad of my optometry classmate Lindsay Hoffbuhr). We were welcomed with homemade blackberry pie and peach pie, a tasty treat after a big climb out of Spray. Freshly showered and clothes laundered, we were ready for an amazing dinner that included elk steak...and more pie! Off to bed early for a long day tomorrow. 

PS. Don’t be surprised if we only post sporadically...not much AT&T service in Eastern OR.

Today's ride: 52 miles (84 km)
Total: 3,675 miles (5,914 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0