We return to Montreal on the train - Exploring the Route Verte in Quebec, Canada by Recumbent Tandem - CycleBlaze

August 19, 2010

We return to Montreal on the train

The Almatoit B&B is in a wonderful old house.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The B&B has been decorated with many artifacts from Afric. Jean Guy is involved in theatre and often performs in Burkina Faso. Also throughout the house are many wonderful works of art by local artists.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We were leaving on an early train to Montreal. Jean Guy insisted on getting up early and cooking us a wonderful breakfast,
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
On arriving at the B&B we met Andre who was painting the outside of the house. He generously offered to drive us the next morning to the train station in Herbertville Station. Andre was a passionate cyclist. He said that he had seen us ride through the Municipal campground in Dolbeau Mistassini. Andre was one of the 200 cyclists who were doing the annual supported ride around the lake. The ride was in support of solidarity for Burkina Faso in Africa. Andre loved speaking English with us as he had ridden from Alma to Texas a few years ago and had not had much of an opportunity to speak English since.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Jean Guy is a generous and wonderful host.
Heart 0 Comment 0
At the Hebertville Train station. The station master was friendly and very helpful. He said that he had a wonderful job being able to speak with so many interesting people.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our last view of the Veloroute des Bleuets as our train heads for Montreal.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We bought local cheese in Alma and made a salad on the train.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0