Two days in Montreal before flying home - Exploring the Route Verte in Quebec, Canada by Recumbent Tandem - CycleBlaze

August 20, 2010

Two days in Montreal before flying home

On our return to Montreal we stayed again at the Gingerbread Manor B&B. It has become our home away from home. It will be odd to tour in Montreal without our bike.We got an early start to our day as we had only one full day to see the sights. We hope to return to Montreal someday and spend more time.

This shop probably gets quite alot of business as the Latin Quarter is filled with nightclubs and bars that stay open very late.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Mary Ellen loves to do stained glass as a hobby. This shop in Old Montreal was a treasure. It was filled with beautiful and original creations.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The buildings and cobbled streets in Old Montreal.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A view of Notre Dame Basilica
Heart 0 Comment 0
Inside Notre Dame. This is where Celine Dion was married.
Heart 0 Comment 0
There are many fine restaurants in Montreal.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We had lunch at Stash Cafe, one of the few Polish restaurants in Montreal.Great food,atmosphere and was one of Kate McGarrigle's favourite restaurants.
Heart 0 Comment 0
This is the staircase at the Stash Restaurant which leads to the washrooms. This gives a sense of the age of the building.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We went to the Museum of Archeology and History for a guided tour of the actual underground history of Montreal centuries ago.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0