Second Time at Bat! - Rise Again! Fall/Winter 2019 - CycleBlaze

December 30, 2018

Second Time at Bat!

The second knee goes on the table in two days! This time around we of course have a better idea of how it's going to be. But despite (or because of) that, tension is mounting. Dodie has called in all available grandchildren for moral support. And our friend Sandra has just returned from Germany, with Lebkuchen in hand, for sugar support.

Meanwhile, the right knee has continued to grow stronger. Dodie is cycling 30 minutes per day on the trainer. She says that now there is no pain and no instability. There still remains some loss of sensation on the surface skin, and some general tightness and clicking, but all those are slowly improving. So here, four months later, we could declare her fully ready to go back on the road, if it were not that in those two days she will be back at square one!

No pressure now, but we really can not allocate four months for this next recovery. Three months are all we've got. With three months, we could be back in Europe in April. But then we will have to leave by the end of May. That gives June/July/August (90 days) to be out of the Shengen zone, so we can come back for September/October/November. Even that kind of schedule bangs hard up against the cold weather. So there is nothing for it- Dodie needs to get on with this knee thing!

Rate this entry's writing Heart 8
Comment on this entry Comment 8
Andrea BrownYou can do it, Dodie! We've been a little "hangry" for pastry photos but we're willing to hang on a little longer. Seriously, though, Dodie, your perseverance is so inspiring. You got this.
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Bill ShaneyfeltRooting for you from down here in Dayton, OH!
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Steve Miller/GrampiesTo Andrea BrownHang in there, 'cause we expect to see Sandra tomorrow with those lubkuchen. Dodie's aunt always used to send her some around Christmas, so they have fond associations. We sort of think Nurnburg is the lebkuchen capital, but no doubt Sandra's will be from the also famous Dresden.
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Steve Miller/GrampiesTo Bill ShaneyfeltThanks Bill. We need to get back on the road soon, to find Andrea some pastries and you some natural mystery (to us) by the road.
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Keith KleinHi folks,
Best wishes for a speedy recovery, but it will take whatever time it needs. Now more than ever don't rush it. Just think of the end of the road, not the speed limit!
Cheers,
Keith
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Scott AndersonI’m with Keith here. Recovery is the whole game, so take whatever time you need. Good luck, we’ll be thinking of you!
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
david alstonBest of luck and bonne annΓ©e.

David and Maun
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Sue PriceWe will be thinking of you, Dodie, and sending warm thoughts from here in warm Mexico! What a way to begin a new year - you sure do know how to make it special! πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰
Reply to this comment
5 years ago