Day 2: Wet and weary - Ride And Seek - CycleBlaze

June 10, 2014

Day 2: Wet and weary

It doesnt seem fair. My first real day out and, well, it rained. Then it rained. Then it rained some more, even harder.

We rode from Hutchinsen to Larned in a virtual squal. And there was not much around, no place to take a break. So we stopped and huddled next to a little bridge and ate lunch in soggy silence.

The only saving grace was that we had a kind of tail wind. "Kind of" meaning it was sort of at our back and sort of at our side, sort of. Except then it got stronger, and the sky turned darker, so much so that we stopped a car to ask if tornadoes were seen in the area. The locals said no so we carried on.

Finally, soggy and hungry we made it to town and settled in at a place that a local said, "...had the BEST hommme-aaid piiie." And I guess I cant say my coconut cream pie was terrible, though it was sweet enough to bring someone of a diebetic coma just by looking at it.

Anyway, we are hoping for better conditions tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Leo down the road. Now dont that look like fun?
Heart 0 Comment 0
Don't let that smile fool you! Although he rides in Belgium in the rain, and claims he enjoys it.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Later in the day, it started to clear, for a minute, then got blustery again.
Heart 0 Comment 0
See what I mean? Thats me.
Heart 0 Comment 0
I just thought this looked kinda cool?
Heart 1 Comment 0
What the!? Zebras?! Or funny looking horses?
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 74 miles (119 km)
Total: 215 miles (346 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0