Valence d’Agen to Port Saint Marie - Retyrement on 2 Wheels 2 - CycleBlaze

June 10, 2018

Valence d’Agen to Port Saint Marie

Au revoir to M'sieur et La Vache.

June 10 Sunday 55kms

Valence d’Agen to Port Saint Marie

Au revoir to M'sieur et La Vache.

Valence d'Agen has wide streets, three boucheries open on Sunday morning, and a cafe where we partake of the petit dejeuner- coffee and croissant. The supermarket provides our rations for the day.

We move along canal quite speedily although tree roots can be detrimental. Farming country, orchards, grain, peas, wooded hills in background.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Lamagistère
Heart 0 Comment 0
Agen
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Lunch at Agen just before the Pont Canal ( second longest in France), and before the grey clouds let loose again. Cycling beside the canal, so high up is a little unnerving, but we cross safely. A chap from Quebec says hello. He carries one small bag, uses AirBnB, and is on his first ever 3 week French tour for his 70th birthday present.

The canal crossing the Garonne at Agen.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Lunch stop at Agen.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Garonne at flood.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

The Moulin camping sign directs us at Port St Marie. Late afternoon and the sun shines on a beautiful mill house with enormous lush green lawn planted with walnut, fig, and flowering trees. We spy the pool near the terrace. 4Ts and a P! Toilet seats, toilet paper, trees, tables and pool. We have the run of the place, set up, swim and have dinner.

Our swept up campground- all the Ts and a P!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

We cook up red onion, three tomatoes, garlic chilli and the last of the jambon with pasta.  As we eat our rustic fare, a number of Lycra clad chaps arrive- they head for the restaurant.

The internet is intermittent on the Terrace but M persists and organises an apartment in Bordeaux for Tuesday/ Wednesday. 

Today's ride: 55 km (34 miles)
Total: 881 km (547 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0