Berghem to Heide. - Retyrement on 2 Wheels 2 - CycleBlaze

July 31, 2018

Berghem to Heide.

Pleasant cycling. More shady day. Hamlets, forests lakes. BBQ at family camp & pool at end of day.

31st July Tuesday 57kms

Berghem to Heide. 

Pleasant cycling. More shady day. Hamlets, forests lakes. Hi de hi - BBQ at family camp & pool at end of day.

Pleased with overcast morning, and a mixed route through hamlets, farms and forest. We take advantage of an N road and zoom along on a straight line to Venray. Trees line the way. Near Elsindorp, we spot an empty cafeteria with seating outside. With a cold can of lemon, we enjoy our picnic, prepared that morning.

Vliegveldbossen en Testrik en Kempkensberg.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Interesting rubbish collector.
Heart 0 Comment 0

By 3.30 we see the directions for mini -camping, Heide, and arrive at a busy camp. Yes, they can squeeze us in on an outer field. Jan, a friendly engaging woman, takes us past the ranks of caravans and tents to see that we have some shade. The grass is dried to a crisp and the maize growing in the next field is struggling.

Heide campground.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

A swim in the pool is therapeutic. We don't mind the excitable children. This is obviously a favourite camp for regulars. We are invited to the BBQ that night, (15 Euro per person), but feel better for a quiet read with our dinner.

Today's ride: 57 km (35 miles)
Total: 2,680 km (1,664 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0