Montjean to Angers - Retyrement On 2 Wheels 1 - CycleBlaze

June 24, 2016

Montjean to Angers

We reach Angers on the Loire.

June 24 Friday 38kms

We reach Angers on the Loire.

Friday morning we set course for Angers. We have a coffee in Chalonnes sur Loire and a chat to the young woman in the Office de Tourism, who has worked in Queenstown, Kaikoura and Hastings.

People seem to be making the most of the sunshine; picnicking [white cloth on table] and having long lunches in the restaurants  beside the river.

The Loire route is blessed with plenty of pleasant rest and picnic stops.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Small churches are a relatively common sight along the river.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0


 We cross the river or a tributary a few times, riding along the islands that are part of the wide waterway.

Angers makes an impressive sight from the cycle path.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
At some points the river is very wide.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Angers appears with tower and ramparts and Cathedral behind, as we approach through a leisure area beside the lake in the Main  river. (Another of the many rivers that contribute to the Loire.) 

Angers.
Heart 0 Comment 0
There seem to be a few swimming and boating spots around Angers.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Once again, cycle paths are a feature of most streets, and Angers is very cycle friendly.

To appreciate the city and the weekend, and the opportunity to “lavage”, we find an apartment.

Today's ride: 38 km (24 miles)
Total: 587 km (365 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0